Friday, June 23, 2023

Welcome! First time? Start here!

 Hello and welcome to my website! I recognize that there are likely a very limited number of people who will ever see this or read my content, but that's not really the purpose of this space. My main hope is that this website can help me continue to develop my skills as a writer and can serve as some sort of a portfolio to those who might be interested in my writing later on.

In winter 2023, I took a class at BYU called "Writing About Music". This class was my dream course, as it combined so many of my interests at once and approached music discussion through a variety of lenses and styles including journalism, academic writing, criticism, and theory. Through this class, I discovered that my love for music and my love for writing could have a common goal, so I decided to continue writing.

Feel free to explore the bits and pieces I have here. My goal is to eventually get a new piece out every week, and to have all of my previous works edited and ready to be published here in a few days. I write everything from album reviews to interviews, and I am currently working on a proposal for writing a book in the 33 1/3 series on Tears for Fears's Songs from the Big Chair.

Enjoy the space and hope to hear from any readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment