Every few years I like to look through all my music and re-rank all of my favorite albums. I think the album as an art form is extremely underrated as there is so much capability to tell beautiful stories, convey intense emotion, or simply compile a bunch of great songs in one place. I'm experimenting with going a short-form video series explaining why these albums are so important to me, so be on the lookout for that!
Each album is ranked based on my own personal tastes and experiences with the album, so there are a few interesting picks here and there. (Yes, I know Mylo Xyloto is objectively not even Coldplay's best work, let alone the best album of all time, but it is important to me, and I love it.) Everything on this list is S or A+ tier in my book. There are so many albums I've left off this list simply because space or because I think they fit in the A or A- levels. My friends like to tease me because there aren't many people who have listened to enough albums to fill up a top 100 and still have enough to distinguish between those levels, but I'm special I guess. The other thing that limits the list a bit is when this update was made. Since February, I have discovered so many more albums that would be here, but I frankly don't feel like redoing everything for the second time this year. Go check out my previous post to read more about some of the newer stuff I love!
Without further ado, here's my list! (Credit to Topsters 2 for the formatting and organization template)
Any particular hot takes you see? Anything that I'm just objectively wrong about? Something cool that you didn't think anyone else liked as much as you? Let me know! I love hearing about others' experiences with music!
.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment